Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Need your wisdom, yet again

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Momof2agfans's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 4th, 2004
    Posts
    149
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    For the last 2 summers, my best friend and her 2 dd and me and my 2 dd have gone to AG Chicago for a long weekend. I was just talking to her today, and she really wants to go to the Marisol, Joffrey Ballet thingy on April 29th. Her 2 dance, mine don't. I know mine would still find it interesting, but I'm scared that they would feel foolish, if asked to dance in front of people, not knowing how.(especially oldest who still limps from numerous surgeries.) Mine have already asked when we were going this summer, they would be devastated if we didn't go with our friends. I don't know what to do, any suggestions?

  2. #2
    Sail-Away
    Guest Sail-Away's Avatar

    Post

    I say exposure to something new is always great. Can you go at the same time and have the girls go?

    If not make it a super special trip and take the girls yourself later. Play it up really big!

    Good luck. That sure is a tough call.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Peachysweetdream's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 8th, 2002
    Posts
    389
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think it would really depend on your daughters individually, but I bet the Marisol/ballet thing will be done with great care given so that the girls who go won't feel badly or awkward. The program's focus SHOULD be the girls themselves... they should be very aware of your type of situation! Could be really fun too. Maybe you could present the idea to your daughters and see what they say (?).

  4. #4
    HB Forum Owner OSusannah's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 31st, 2003
    Posts
    939
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    If your girls decide that they would be interested, I would call to see if you can get any info from AG about the event. I bet your DDs would not be the only non-dancers to attend! The important part is that they have fun and if they are with their friends and don't feel self-conscious about not being "dancers" they will. If they don't want to go to this one event, maybe they could just shop while the other girls go? You could still spend the rest of your trip together.

    I know my 8yo would love to go to this, she has taken dance for 5 years already. But it is on a Friday, kind of hard to make that. And if we do go, my 11 yo would want to come along, too, even though she stopped dance years ago. Maybe she could visit with your girls!

  5. #5
    Inactive Member sailorangel59's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 10th, 2004
    Posts
    281
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I say go!!! And I am sure you are not going to be the ONLY parent who doesn't know how to dance...

    Here is my wisdom: Most of these people you will never see again in your life. This is why I sing to CD's when I am driving and don't care if anyone stares at me oddly. [img]smile.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Momof2agfans's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 4th, 2004
    Posts
    149
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thank you all again! Rolled all of your advice up and used it. I emailed my ps in Chicago, she's sending information.(Haven't received it yet). Sat down with oldest dd after the Coconut birthday party Saturday (will do another post of that) for a talk. I asked her if she wanted to go to AG Chicago in April for her birthday. I told her we couldn't do the birthday thing in the cafe, but they had a way cool Marisol event, would she like to go to that? She said of course, why would you ask me that? I explained that I had no idea what type of things they were going to do with the ballet, and I didn't want her to feel uncomfortable. She just gave me "The Look", and said I want to go! Problem solved, right?! Noooooooo. My friend and I sat down after the party and called reservations. They're booked. The man said the cafe is booked, but not the Marisol event. We asked if we could just do the Marisol event. No, the computer won't allow that. To make a long story short, after numerous phone calls to reservations, then the Chicago store, we have reservations! We're going! Our train won't get in until late Friday, probably just enough time to check into the hotel and get to the event. Tracy, if you'd like to get together on Saturday, pm me. My girls are 9 & 11 (will be 11 in April), they'd get a kick out of meeting new friends!

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Momof2agfans's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 4th, 2004
    Posts
    149
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The Marisol event is April 29th. We would be there Friday, Saturday, leave for home Sunday afternoon. If anybody is interested in meeting us.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member judiaci's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2003
    Posts
    2,354
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I wish I could go. It sounds like fun. When is it?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •